Monday, May 5, 2008

$311.00 in Donations!

Amelia's 7th birthday party was a huge success in two ways. First, I said I would post how much Amelia collected in donations from her birthday party (see our first post) and I am so happy and humbled to say her friend's donated a total of $311.00! I am so thankful to each and every one of our friend's that donated! Can you imagine how much that is worth in China and to the little one's at Xie Feng's orphanage?? THANK YOU!! And, I am SO PROUD of Amelia for giving up presents in order to help others...I can't tell you how much that warms my heart!

Secondly, the kids had a blast! First, we determined what Chinese zodiac sign each girl was, then played "Pass the Panda" to Chinese Folk Song music, then played a "Cottonball Chopstick" race, put together a Chinese charm bracelet, then played Dragon tag and Chinese jumprope outside. It was perfect 75 degree weather and the girl's all seemed to have fun! Here are a few pictures from the party.

Cute goodie bags for the girls. In addition, each of the girls received a small silk purse and key chain that Pete brought back from his last trip to China.








Here are the girls from the party! Aren't they all so cute!







Amelia and her good friend!

No comments: