Saturday, May 3, 2008

My First Post...Amelia's Birthday!

Ok, it has taken me over a month from setting up this blog to actually posting! Not a good sign for things to come! I thought I'd set this up so that our family and friends could follow some of our daily lives a little easier...however, I realize that I need to post for that to happen! I will try to be better.

Amelia turned 7 on May 1st! We had a little family celebration at home (isn't she so cute!) and will have her birthday party tomorrow. She is quite an amazing and funny little girl. Here are two examples:
The first is her "funny" (aka "quirky") side: we usually let the kids pick their favorite restaurant to go to on their actual birthday. When I asked Amelia where she wanted to go, she hemmed and hawed...and finally decided she wanted to stay home for dinner and have an artichoke!! Yes, Amelia loves (I mean loves) artichokes. Much to Clara's dismay we stayed home and had (at Amelia's request), artichokes, spaghetti, salad and garlic bread...Clara tried her hardest to convince her to go to Clara's favorite restaurants, but Amelia wouldn't budge (go Amelia!) We had a nice dinner and then she opened her family presents. Here she is eating her artichoke (with CJ)...
The second is a story about her "amazing" side: her birthday party is tomorrow (14 little girls are coming). She decided (with no input from me) to have a Chinese themed party, in honor of her brother-to-be! She and Clara thought up a bunch of fun games (like pass the panda, dragon tag, and cotton ball chopsticks). But, the most amazing part is that she decided instead of birthday gifts for herself, she would ask for donations which she wants to send to her new brother's orphanage in China! We are really so proud of her for doing that! Isn't that amazing! I will post a few pictures of her birthday party tomorrow and let you know how much she collected in donations!
Well, that's it for my first post...I feel like I've accomplished something and hope you enjoy checking in every now and then to see what we're up to!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yes, she is cute! I love hearing your stories and seeing your pictures. It lets me take a peek into your daily lives eventhough I am far away. Can't wait to hear more about all six of the Schmidts.