Wednesday, September 3, 2008

100 Good Wishes and Many Good Friends!

My neighborhood friends had a "shower" for me to welcome our new little China boy. It was a wonderful evening among friends. Instead of gifts, I asked for donations to my favorite China charity Love Without Boundaries. Of course, in addition to many generous donations to LWB, we received some wonderful gifts.

We have a neighborhood friend who is known for making beautiful quilts for new babies born in our neighborhood group. Well, unbeknownst to me, this friend (and many others) made me a quilt. I must say that I was totally taken by surprise. One, because I know how incredibly busy she is and two, because I just really, really didn't expect it!

Well, not only did she make a quilt, but she made a 100 Good Wishes Quilt. Many people contributed a piece of fabric, and wrote a "wish" for our new son, and the whole group of them spent hours putting this quilt and the wishes book together. When I opened it I was just speechless! The care that each person put into the quilt in choosing their fabric and writing their wish was amazing. I could not even read the Wishes while at the shower without sobbing. So, after I got home I read each page and sobbed by myself at the kitchen table (Pete was already asleep). It was so incredibly meaningful and touching. This boy is not only getting a new family, but an entire community of people that can't wait to meet him. Thank you all!!

No comments: