Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We made it to Beijing!














OK, after we landed Pete said, "that wasn't that bad, was it?" Well, considering he slept for a good 4-5 hours while I was wide awake, it probably wasn't bad for him! All I know is 13 hours in a plane is just too long! I tried not to look at my watch, but after watching Pete sleep for several hours I couldn't help myself. We'd only been flying for 4 hours...I had 9 more to go! Then, 8 more, then 7 more, then 6...finally, I forced myself to lay down with Pete's noise reducing headphones and the eye thing on...I had little bits of sleep for about 4 hours. But, I will say that business class is the way to go. It was comfy, roomy, good food, and you could almost lie down flat. All of Pete's trips to China have paid off...I knew we'd eventually use those miles.













We are now at the apartment of our guide Angela. She lives in a nice little apartment outside of the city center. She's a wonderful hostess. We had Chinese takeout for dinner. It was so delicious! We had Kung Pao chicken (the best I've ever had), spicy green beans, garlic sprouts, mushrooms, etc. Really, really delicious! And, the funnest part about her place?? She has the cutest little dog.














We're off to the Great Wall tomorrow...

No comments: